Above Photo: Four Bwami initiates of the highest lutumbo lwa kindi grade. Each is an outstanding preceptor (nsingia) and represents a distinct clan-based ritual community. Photo Biebuyck, 1952.
THE LEGA CULTURE CLUSTER
- A synthesis of the ethnic groups constituting the Lega culture cluster : Lega Culture Cluster
- A discussion on the status of Lega art in published literature: Sense and Nonsense final version
- Lega sculptures in the Beiankuku rites: Beiankuku rites
THE MUBILA EPIC (Lega, DRC, 1953)
- Introduction: An introduction to the Mubila Epic: Introduction
- English synopsis: Synopsis
- French Summary: French Summary
The Lega text and its French translation, with introduction and elaborate glossaries, will be published by the “Classiques africans” in Fall 2018.
Below: The Bard Kambara Mubila, singer of the Mubila Epic, 1953